Sunah Chung's Reviews > Get Out of My Bath!

Get Out of My Bath! by Britta Teckentrup

U 50x66

bookshelves: children, fiction, fantasy, picture-book, ila_cc_2016

Get Out of My Bath! written by Britta Teckentrup tells a story about an elephant named Ellie. Ellie wants to enjoy her bath by herself, but other animal friends keep joining her in the bathtub. It starts getting crowded, so Ellie decides to suck all the water from the bathtub. After other animals leave the bathtub, Ellie could return to enjoying her bath again, telling readers that “Maybe it’s time for your bath now!”
Sometimes, children resist taking a bath because they do not want to be interrupted from what they are doing, or they might think that taking a bath is not fun. This book could be used to trigger them to take a bath like that of the elephant, Ellie, in this book. The author embeds some activities in the middle of the story, telling the readers to shake the book to see what happens to Ellie. That is, the illustrations show the water in the bathtub tilts in the way the readers tilt the book. Regarding this simple activity, I wonder whether the book is published as a digital version. For instance, if the book is published in an app, the real movements of Ellie while she is in the bathtub can be visualized when the readers tilt the gadget in a certain direction. The ways to represent vibrant moods of the story is interesting as well. Waters and splashing are coated with laminations which make the artworks colorful and vibrant. Bolded texts and different sizes of fonts also add an energetic feeling to the story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Get Out of My Bath!.

October 12, 2017 – Started Reading