Cathy's Reviews > Topaz Reign

Topaz Reign by Teresa Richards

Read 2 times. Last read October 12, 2017.

Wow, I really loved this book! The whole thing is great! It has great plot, great characters, great action and adventure, and a touch of romance. It really has everything you could want in a book!

I loved Lindy and Maggie. The book switches back and forth between the two and for most of the book, they are not even in the same time period. It's so great! I love the way that Maggie was not able to get Lindy out of her thoughts, and how she was able to check on how things were going with her through the history books and even online. So she knew right away when the websites changed that something was wrong. Then she was able to send Garon back to fix whatever had gone wrong.

Then there's Maggie. I loved the way she is. She's queen in 1623, but she's out climbing rocks and wishing for yoga pants and certain modern conveniences she had left behind when she traveled back in time. I love that she's a bright young woman and by all accounts ready to lead her country. There's a scene in the market that I loved with a young flower seller where you really see Maggie's character and the kindness she shows for everyone.

This book has a huge cast of characters, both in the past and in the present and they are all so great!

And the plot is just awesome. I love the sense of adventure, danger and urgency that you feel throughout the whole thing. I loved the way some characters can remember history the way it was supposed to be while pretty much everyone remembers the version that is accidentally created.

This is a great book for any teen to pick up, I have no worries handing this book to my own teenager. I know she'll love the whole imagination of it. And I loved it myself!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Topaz Reign.

Started Reading (ebook Edition)
Started Reading
October 12, 2017 – Shelved (ebook Edition)
October 12, 2017 – Shelved
October 12, 2017 – Finished Reading (ebook Edition)
October 12, 2017 – Finished Reading