Caressa's Reviews > Crank

Crank by Ellen Hopkins

Sep 24, 2011

Crank was simply one among the many stories I aspired to read by Ellen Hopkins. When I saw this book on the library shelf I immediately checked it out.
When I carried this book around as I was reading it, it was meet with innumerate praises for Ellen Hopkins. Ellen Hopkins is a wonderful, beautiful, powerful writer. She tackles hard topics, attitudes, and struggles. I have had many, many best friends who struggle with difficult things in their lives, usually far beyond their age-- cutting, eating disorders, divorces, and many, many other issues.
Frankly, this book scared me although its beauty is immeasurable. Addictions are really easy to fall into. This books explores that and the grip addictions hold on their victims. How many lives fall into ruin when people fall into addictions for whatever reason?
It is, however, a necessary addition to a large collection of people's bookshelves. Others I would never mention this title to. This piece was a wonderful novel. So much so, that it all becomes a question of how to respond to the people the protagonist in this novel is modeled after.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crank.

September 24, 2011 – Started Reading
September 24, 2011 – Shelved
October 3, 2011 –
0.0% "I should be done tonight or tomorrow guys. ;)"
October 5, 2011 – Finished Reading