Lia °booksnpenguins°'s Reviews > Rebel Spring

Rebel Spring by Morgan Rhodes

bookshelves: shippity-ship-ship, royal-binches, high-dark-epic-fantasy, period-aus-past

AAAHAGSHSHSVSVSHSVSHSVSUSVSJSBSISHSVSHSVSUSVSUSVSUVSHSVSISVSIIDBSOHMYGODDDDDDD

Pardon my French but HOLY FUCK! What was that? Do you seriously call that an ending???
467bl.gif

I need to know what happens, I need the third book like air. I NEED IT. NOW!

After careful consideration, I think I liked Rebel Spring better than the FK, however some things just didn't convince me at all, hence 4 stars instead of 5. Fortunately pour vous et pour moi, it's the kind of things one can easily overcome by wearing super useful fanbase goggles and squinting a little over the cheesiness and the eye-rolling plot escapes.
I even read it all in one sitting, can you believe how much it got me whipped? Like, my eyes are dry and burning but it's okay, my brain would like to let you guys know that it was totally worth it.

Rhodes writes nice dialogues, I'll give it to her. My favorite exchanges were between Cleo and Magnus. I love it when she puts him in his place.
To be honest, I haven't being paying much attention to the technical details, but I found the writing a little bit better this time around. Can't say the same for the character development (except for Cleo. Cleo is perfect. No, shh, I can't hear you over the sound of her greatness) of the entire cast, but I suppose it's only fair since this series is 6 books long and there's still so much to learn (hashtag watch me defend my fave 2k17).

Anyway...
By now, I consider this series my guilty pleasure. You know, those books a lot of people like to make fun of but that you secretly (not so secretly in my case) adore? Those books you're not particularly proud of enjoying because they're just so self-indulgent they make you wanna cry or punch SOMEONE, but that you enjoy anyway because who cares what the mass think? Well, this is mine.
It's not perfect and it probably never will br, but it made me feel things while I was reading it. I was happy while reading it. Popular or not popular, loved or hated, when it comes to books, I think that's the most important thing.

So, yeah, this is another YES, for me. Can't wait to see how everything blows up in the next one.
Gimme all the feels!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rebel Spring.

October 8, 2017 – Started Reading
October 8, 2017 – Shelved
page 90
22.44% "Aron is such an ass😥"
page 145
36.16% "Fuck you Gaius"
page 182
45.39% "“Murderous thieves make their home here.” She failed to keep the tremble from her voice.
“Absolutely,” Jonas replied.
“Dangerous animals, too.”
“Without a doubt.”
She slanted a look toward him. “Perfect place for you.”
He repressed a snort. “Oh, such compliments, your highness. You’re going to make me blush.”

I love these two together, I foresee a good friendship in their future."
page 201
50.12% "Queen Althea or Catelyn Stark? Sometimes you really can't tell."
page 212
52.87% " tumblr_njudhwxqNW1tp80nvo1_500.gif

-Morgan Rhodes, probably, while writing this book."
page 253
63.09% ""It is done."
It is done.

5zVzz7l.gif"
page 296
73.82% "WHY ARE YOU LIKE THIS MAGNUS"
page 306
76.31% "“Such belligerence, princess. Whatever have I done to deserve this today?”
“You’re breathing.”

burn-gif-6.gif"
page 360
89.78% "can the author please stop killing people I care about"
October 8, 2017 – Finished Reading
February 14, 2018 – Shelved as: shippity-ship-ship
February 15, 2018 – Shelved as: royal-binches
February 15, 2018 – Shelved as: high-dark-epic-fantasy
October 29, 2018 – Shelved as: period-aus-past

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)

Madeline McGrath do you love Jonas yet???!!!!

Lia  °booksnpenguins° Madeline wrote: "do you love Jonas yet???!!!!"

Honestly?? Except obvious Gaius and Aron, I love them all!

Madeline McGrath Aurélia wrote: "Madeline wrote: "do you love Jonas yet???!!!!"

Honestly?? Except obvious Gaius and Aron, I love them all!"

LOLOL you'll just love Jonas even more as the series goes on, i honestly love him so much *heart eyes emoji*
(also i actually like Aron)

Lia  °booksnpenguins° Meghan wrote: "Nice review!! I didnt love Falling Kingdoms.. As the characters fell short for me. But after book 2.. i was completely invested. It only gets better and better! I just finished Crystal Storm, book ..."

I hope so, too, Meghan ^^
Also, yeah, omg I love Nic, as well! He's so precious!

Rose Great review sweetie!! Glad your loving it!!!

message 6: by leni (new)

leni what
didn't u start that book like yesterday????
u got a superpower u haven't told me about at our last pilates class?

Lia  °booksnpenguins° Lexie wrote: "Great review sweetie!! Glad your loving it!!!"

Thanks Lexie, I can't wait to read the next one! :)

message 8: by Lia (last edited Oct 09, 2017 04:06AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lia  °booksnpenguins° -`ˏ Arden ˎ´˗ wrote: "what
didn't u start that book like yesterday????
u got a superpower u haven't told me about at our last pilates class?"

Didn't Alice tell you? I'm a fast reader when adult life doesn't get in the way.
Impressed?😏 (I'm kidding I'm well aware I'm lame, but yeah, I read fast)

message 9: by leni (new)

leni @Aurélia

alice never tells me shit.
i swear, sometimes she even kicks me in the shin on purpose. next time you're gonna be her work-out partner.

i'm so jealouuuus.
i'd be a fast reader too if i didn't have to work 24/7

Grace I'm legit so happy that you wound up becoming obsessed with this series the way I have, it's fantastic.

Lia  °booksnpenguins° -`ˏ Arden ˎ´˗ wrote: "@Aurélia

alice never tells me shit.

i'm so jealouuuus.
i'd be a fast reader too if i ..."

Alice is a binch. She can't sit with us anymore.

Don't be jelly, sweetpie. I feel the pain.

Lia  °booksnpenguins° Grace wrote: "I'm legit so happy that you wound up becoming obsessed with this series the way I have, it's fantastic."

AWWWEEE I'M SUPER GLAD TOO!

Sophia Alexis  Books That's how I felt!
I have the third on my bookshelf and I'm dying to read it but I want to own the other two before so I can binge read them all before the last book comes out
my goodness that was a run-on sentence

Lia  °booksnpenguins° Sophia wrote: "That's how I felt!
my goodness that was ..."

It was filled with pathos, though, and very relatable :)

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Great review Lia😁