Bingeworthy Book Blog's Reviews > Tess of the Road

Tess of the Road by Rachel Hartman

bookshelves: reviewed

Having read only the blurb of the book and never having read any books by Rachel Hartman before, when I began reading Tess of the Road, I expected somewhat of a lighthearted, possibly action-packed, young adult, fantasy book, very much like others I had read in the past.

If that is the kind of book you're looking for, a book similar to Tamora Pierce or Mercedes Lackey's writings - then this book may not be for you.

To be perfectly honest, Tess of the Road is quite unlike any other fantasy book (young adult or otherwise) that I have read before.

This is a book that will have you contemplating the nature of religion and sin, good and evil/bad, the nature of morality and whether a person's destiny is predetermined as it takes you on a philosophical adventure filled journey.

With unexpected twists and turns that I did not see coming, I highly recommend giving this book a read and eagerly await the next installment in this surprising series - because it has to be a series! I want more Tess! I want to the rest of her journey! I want more! MORE! MORE! MORE!

An arc of this book was generously provided to me by Netgalley and Random House Books for Young Readers in exchange for a fair and honest review.

You can find me at:
Bingeworthy Book Blog
On Facebook
On Twitter
On Instagram

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tess of the Road.

Started Reading