Chris's Reviews > Bossypants

Sep 24, 2011

bookshelves: 2011-reads
Read from September 24 to 25, 2011

Dear Tina,

Will you be my new best friend? I just finished reading your book, “Bossypants,” and realized you and I have so much in common and could be fast friends! You worked in the theater during school summer vacations--so did I! You have a scar on your face--so do I! (Although my story is far less interesting than your own.) You lived with bad haircuts until college--so did I! You love food and were boy-like looking growing up--so was I!

I apologize if I offended calling you Tina right off the bat, but I feel after reading your book, we two gals are cut from the same cloth. I find as 40-something women who grew up in the 1970s, our differences are few and far between. I give you an open invitation to sit together and chit chat about growing up brunette in a world of “yellow hair,” following guys who have no interest in us, and laughing about your honeymoon on the cruise ship from hell. Oh yeah, and who was cuter, Larry Wilcox or Erik Estrada.

And I thank you for taking an anxiety-filled weekend and making me laugh so hard I cried!

Signed your new friend,

Chris

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bossypants.

Quotes Chris Liked

Some people say, “Never let them see you cry.” I say, if you’re so mad
“Some people say, “Never let them see you cry.” I say, if you’re so mad you could just cry, then cry. It terrifies everyone.”
Tina Fey, Bossypants

03/08/2017 marked as: read

message 1: by Paul (new)

Paul Wonderful review!

Chris Paul wrote: "Wonderful review!"

Thank you, Paul! Can't wait to hear about Booktopia 2012 on Friday!
:-))