Bingeworthy Book Blog's Reviews > Racer

Racer by Katy Evans

bookshelves: reviewed

In Racer, the seventh book in Katy Evans ‘Real’ series, readers are introduced to Racer Tate and Alana Heyworth.

In all honesty, I feel it needs to be said that while I have read a few of Katy Evans books over the years, I haven’t read any of the books in her ‘Real’ series since soon after the release of her first book in the series: Real.

It’s a grievous mistake that I’m hoping to soon rectify as I enjoyed reading an advanced reader copy of Racer (generously provided by Social Butterfly PR) so much that I immediately bought and downloaded all of the other books in the series.

With that being said, Racer is a great standalone, contemporary romance book and you really don’t have to have read any other books in the series in order to be thoroughly captivated by this story.

As with many of Katy Evans books that I have read, most especially Real, the descriptions of the characters and setting are so clear and vivid that I can easily picture them in my mind and I feel an instant connectivity with the characters.

This book captured me from the very first page and sped along with me on an adrenaline rushed, emotional journey.

The chemistry between Racer and Lana is undeniable from their first meeting, though Lana does try to deny it, and when Lana and Racer finally do end up together- watch out!- sparks fly and the sex scenes are pure sexy with a dash of scorching.

This was a thoroughly enjoyable book that I’m definitely going to be reading again (when I read all of the new Katy Evans books in the series that I just bought!)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Racer.

Started Reading