JanB 's Reviews > A Stranger in the House

A Stranger in the House by Shari Lapena

it was ok
bookshelves: audiobook

I'm struggling with trying to write a review that I feel comfortable posting but I'm failing. So I'll just say that this wasn't the book for me. I almost DNF'd it several times and should have.

Sorry. There are plenty of positive reviews so take mine with a grain of salt.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Stranger in the House.

Started Reading
October 4, 2017 – Finished Reading
October 6, 2017 – Shelved
October 6, 2017 – Shelved as: audiobook

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)

Jaline - (on partial hiatus) My prediction: Jan will *love* her next read!! ;)

JanB Jaline wrote: "My prediction: Jan will *love* her next read!! ;)"

hmmm...reviews are all over the place with my current one so we shall see but it's looking promising...I do hope you are right :-)

message 3: by Debbie (new)

Debbie La bummere! Hope your next one is better!

Norma * Traveling Sister Oh bummer Jan! I hope that your next read is so much better! :-)

message 5: by LaDonna (new) - added it

LaDonna Jan, I think I'm going to read your review closely. I know what it's like to be a dissenting voice among those who love a read. Hopefully, your next read will WOW you! But, there's definitely no prob with being honest about this read.

message 6: by Kaceey (new) - added it

Kaceey Sorry Jan! I’m still on the fence about picking this one up!

Brenda - Traveling Sister Oh darn Jan! Bummer! Sorry this one didn’t work for you.

message 8: by Jan (new)

Jan Sorry that this one was a disappointment to you Jan! Hope your next one is so much better!! 😊

message 9: by Kelli (new)

Kelli Nope! I'm taking yours to heart & skipping this, after being totally in sync about Lie to Me!

JanB Debbie wrote: "La bummere! Hope your next one is better!"

Thanks Debbie!

JanB Norma wrote: "Oh bummer Jan! I hope that your next read is so much better! :-)"

Thank you Norma!

JanB LaDonna wrote: "Jan, I think I'm going to read your review closely. I know what it's like to be a dissenting voice among those who love a read. Hopefully, your next read will WOW you! But, there's definitely no pr..."

LaDonna, thank you for your kind comment. I wrote and deleted a review three times but just couldn't write an honest one with at least a few positives. The 2 stars were only because I finished it

JanB Kaceey wrote: "Sorry Jan! I’m still on the fence about picking this one up!"

Kaceey, you know what my advice would be! Then again, others have enjoyed and maybe you would too :-)

JanB Brenda wrote: "Oh darn Jan! Bummer! Sorry this one didn’t work for you."

Brenda, me too! Thanks :-)

JanB Jan wrote: "Sorry that this one was a disappointment to you Jan! Hope your next one is so much better!! 😊"

Jan, thank you, it already is! :-)

JanB Kelli wrote: "Nope! I'm taking yours to heart & skipping this, after being totally in sync about Lie to Me!"

Kelli, haha, wise choice ! :-)

message 17: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Joint Oh no! I see such mixed reviews for this one. Onwards and upwards, Jan!

JanB Sarah wrote: "Oh no! I see such mixed reviews for this one. Onwards and upwards, Jan!"

Sarah, yes, I actually feel bad for even finishing it!