Dannii Elle's Reviews > Little Women

Little Women by Louisa May Alcott

bookshelves: classic-captivaton, historical-highness
Read 2 times. Last read October 6, 2017.

Whilst I do recall reading this as a young child I could remember little about the characters and the story-line so felt I was revisiting both something beloved and viewing it with fresh and excited eyes.

This felt like a series of short stories involving the March sisters, bound into a longer narrative. Whilst each sister is dissimilar in temperament and personality they all share the closest of bonds, and reading of their shared happiness and sorrows made this an altogether adorable reading experience. I didn't expect this to be as poignant and whimsical as it was and each of the nostalgic adventures recounted had me feeling like an honorary March sister, so inclusive was the style of writing and the lovable nature of the characters within.

Each of these tales had a moralistic edge that made this suitable for younger readers, but not off-putting to an older or modern-day readership. I whole-heartedly enjoyed this, and the warm, fuzzy feelings it evoked, and am glad I have revisited something so special.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Little Women.

Finished Reading (Paperback Edition)
October 6, 2017 – Started Reading
October 6, 2017 – Shelved
page 118
15.19% "“Poor Meg seldom complained, but a sense of injustice made her feel bitter toward everyone sometimes, for she had not yet learned to know how rich she was in the blessings which alone can make life happy.”"
page 206
26.51% ""love casts out fear and gratitude can conquer pride""
page 607
78.12% "What I think may happen best not actually happen. Sobbing!"
October 6, 2017 – Shelved as: classic-captivaton
October 6, 2017 – Shelved as: historical-highness
October 6, 2017 – Shelved (Paperback Edition)
October 6, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

emily Beautiful review. U have a beautiful way with words

Dannii Elle JAYNE wrote: "Beautiful review. U have a beautiful way with words"

Aww, thank you so much Jayne. That is so kind of you to say.

Kim A Lovely review. I have yet to re-read this but I remember how much I loved it when I read it when I was younger.

Dannii Elle Kim A wrote: "Lovely review. I have yet to re-read this but I remember how much I loved it when I read it when I was younger."

Thank you so much, Kim. I can just barely remember reading this so I am so glad to revisit it and bring back some of those memories.