Brenda's Reviews > The Memories That Make Us

The Memories That Make Us by Vanessa Carnevale

bookshelves: 2018-release, aussie-authors, contemporary-fiction, arc, net-galley, 5000-books, own-read, read-on-kindle

When Gracie Ashcroft woke in hospital, the confusion that hit her was intense. Because Gracie had no memory whatsoever of how she had ended up in hospital, who she was, who the woman crying in front of her was - nothing was there at all. She was terrified. But learning that she was engaged to marry Blake Beaumont - a man she didn't know, was the catalyst. The car accident had taken everything from Gracie, and even the doctors didn't know if she would ever get her memory back.

With Scarlett's help, Gracie gradually regained her health - but not her memory. Leaving Melbourne for Daylesford and Summerhill, the farm she had grown up on, Gracie hoped the memories would return when she found herself on familiar ground.

As Gracie slowly began to make new friends, her desire to recreate the magic of the flower farm her mother had loved was great. But could she do it? Her next door neighbour, Flynn was a kind and helpful man - but she still couldn't remember Blake. What was she to do? Focus on the future, or try to solve the past?

The Memories That Make Us by Aussie author Vanessa Carnevale is a poignant and moving story of how life can change in an instant. Of hope, friendship and love - of finding oneself when it seems there is no hope. I loved this story, as I loved this author's first - The Florentine Bridge - and highly recommend it.

With thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for my digital ARC to read and review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Memories That Make Us.

October 5, 2017 – Shelved
February 9, 2018 – Shelved as: own-read
February 9, 2018 – Shelved as: read-on-kindle
February 10, 2018 – Started Reading
February 10, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

message 1: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Great review Brenda

Brenda Thanks Wendy :)

message 3: by Bianca (new) - added it

Bianca Nice review, Brenda. This book has an incredibly beautiful cover.

Brenda Thanks Bianca - I completely agree, it certainly took my eye!

Kathy I love it Brenda when I see you have given a book 5 stars .... because I know I am going to love it too! Great review

Brenda Thanks Kathy :) That's lovely of you - and I'm sure it'll be right this time as well!