Brittany (The Book Addict's Guide/Novelly Yours)'s Reviews > The Cheerleaders

The Cheerleaders by Kara Thomas

Initial Impressions 7/23/18: I think this was Kara Thomas' best book yet! I really, really loved the writing style and the whole set-up of this novel. It reminded me much more of my adult thriller reads rather than the YA, while still maintaining a YA atmosphere, characters, and setting. Things are set up right from the beginning to come full circle at the end but I couldn't tell how they were going to come together and I kept trying to piece the puzzle together. What I loved about this book was that I was able to follow along and start putting little clues together but it took until the end to really realize what exactly had happened and how they really impacted Monica and why she was involved in this story from start to finish and every piece in between.

I actually thought that this was going to be... a little sillier. The deaths of the five cheerleaders years ago was thought to be a sort of curse and I actually had that Fear Street mentality in the back of my head (there was a Fear Street Cheerleaders series after all), but this read much more maturely than I had anticipated. I think I would have enjoyed it either way but I'm really glad that it read the way that it did and I really enjoyed this type of structure.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Cheerleaders.

October 5, 2017 – Shelved