Kristi Metcalf's Reviews > Max

Max by Stacy Gail

I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader’s Copy of this book

Sooo, Max is probably some I’ve been waiting forever to read it seems, ever since he started talking to Essie in Steele’s book!!! I knew what I thought he was going liked from his first words and I’m glad to say he was so much MORE!!!! I also had pictured who he was going to look like, hello Josh Mario John!!!
Pari, she is someone who has been through some deep s**t, but she didn’t let that break her. She is someone that has become stronger than even she knew.
Pari works as a waitress at The Mad Cow, love the name, a diner across the street from the House of Payne shop. Max has been coming to the diner for a month and during that month he has left her little drawings on napkins. Sometimes funny drawings, sometimes drawings of her, and sometimes very naughty drawings of her.
As you can tell from the drawings that he leaves her, Max is a artist. He is one of the premier artist at the House of Payne, the top tattoo shop in Chicago if not the world.
I love how easy these two seem to come together it seems almost effortless, but let’s face it, it wasn't. Max has spent that month falling more for the girl with the purple hair and killer butt than he has for anyone else and Pari has spent that month secretly keeping his drawings and falling for him too.
When her past comes back to haunt her Pari thinks about leaving the city to be safe, but after hearing about her past Max vows to do everything in his power to make sure she is happy, safe, and staying by his side where she belongs.
I don’t think I’ve ever smiled so much while reading a book, not laughed just smiled because these are two characters that I can plainly see in my head and having a picture of Max in you head is a good thing!!
Gail did a wonderful job with Pari’s backstory, showed how you can overcome anything, if you have people that love you and you can trust at your side. She also wrote about the family that they have in the epilogue and it seems that Max and Pari get everything that could possibly want to make them happy.
I can’t wait to meet Tag in the next House of Payne story, I just know it’s gonna be a good one.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Max.

Finished Reading