Julie's Reviews > Progeny

Progeny by Shawn Hopkins

bookshelves: nook

For the life of me, I cannot coherently explain why I couldn't put this book down - but I couldn't. I can't even say it was a slow start but then it picked up. It WAS a slow start - I'm just not sure if it picked up or just became more interesting.

I don't know quite how to describe it except to say picture Ghostbusters in the Bermuda Triangle without the comedy and throw in a dash of Dogma and 2012.

Don't read this thinking it's a story about a guy trying to find his brother, who disappeared while on a trip to Bermuda. That's the short, simple description. And don't read it if you have an aversion to Biblical references and a character who has found a modicum of peace in God and prayer. What this book is really about is God and Satan and demons and angels and giants and - are you confused yet? Yeah, so was I, but it was a pleasant and interesting confusion.

For $0.99 digital, you can find out for yourself and in my opinion that's a good deal. At worst, you'll be hopelessly confused and befuddled. At best, your mind will stretch and, like me, you won't be able to put it down.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Progeny.

September 24, 2011 – Started Reading
September 24, 2011 – Shelved
September 25, 2011 –
page 100
25.38% "So far, a disjointed, confusing mess that I'm not sure I'll be able to finish. Also, some warning that this is full of Bible thumping would have been nice."
September 30, 2011 –