Brandon's Reviews > A King's Ransom

A King's Ransom by Jude Watson

M 50x66

The book a kings ransom by Jude Watson was eventful to say the least. The book took on something I haven't seen in most other 39 clues books, suspense! they used it to build the plot in a way, from the realization that the woman holding the tuba was an enemy to the dread stare Dan gave to a skull. the series of events went like a police investigation on the burglary of the century, arriving in Switzerland,realizing their dad was a vesper, stealing the De Vigra map and finally Atticus Rosenbloom being kidnapped, all of these events had some sort of suspense to go with it.

To be honest, this book had really stepped up the pace of action. I felt Amy and Dan did the usual research faster therefore allowing for suspenseful action to come more. The book had a twist for every turn like a good event for every life-threatening event. This speed up in action and horror makes the book more intense and enjoyable, 4/5 reason being the same enemy appeared every time which was kind of boring.

In my opinion this book is intended for late-elementary to highschool for the raise in eventfulness. the book is also 290 pages long which makes for acceptably long book for high school students. this book also includes some middle school level vocabulary which adds to my suggested level.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A King's Ransom.

October 5, 2017 – Started Reading