Ionia's Reviews > Best Day Ever

Best Day Ever by Kaira Rouda

This is what I would call a strangely compelling read. I absolutely detested the main character and wanted to see the worst happen to him throughout the entire book, and yet--I found it impossible to stop reading no matter how annoyed or disgusted with him I found myself. I have to hand it to the author, she has written a very memorable book.

From the beginning, you know that this is one of those novels where appearances from the outside can be deceiving and that the happy couple you first meet probably aren't all that happy. When that is confirmed and then reinforced later in the story, you might find yourself looking at the people around you and wondering if you really know them as well as you think you do. Any book that can do that, must be a good one, in my opinion.

I was curious to see how this would all end, there is a lot of build up throughout the story that leads you to believe there is going to be a dramatic ending and I had hopes that it would end with the main character fully getting what he deserved, but things didn't go as I expected. I didn't necessarily dislike the ending of the book, but I didn't feel like it was a good as it could have been. I think I wanted to see the end be worthy of the rest of the book and I didn't really think it was. Perhaps there is a reason the author chose to go the way she did with it, but for me it was a bit of a let down.

Still, this book is different and that was refreshing. it will keep you wondering what is ahead the whole time and will probably keep you up at night. It did that to me. One thing is for certain, I won't forget about it any time soon.

This review is based on a complimentary copy from the publisher. All opinions are my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Best Day Ever.

Finished Reading
October 5, 2017 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Crumb Great review! I loved this one, too!

Marialyce I really liked this one as well. It truly was different.