Julie's Reviews > Christmas at Carnton

Christmas at Carnton by Tamera Alexander

bookshelves: 2017-reads, authors-i-love, christian-fiction, christian-novels-containing-sigh-wo

This novella held my attention from word one!! Aletta and her son are really struggling with the news of the recent passing of their husband/father in the war. The entire community is reeling from the losses due to casualties of war. At risk of being evicted from her home, Aletta does all she can to save her home and make life as comfortable as she can for her son and the child she is expecting. When an opportunity at the Carnton estate comes about, Aletta doesn't hesitate to apply for the job.

Jake is a sharpshooter and finds himself injured to the point that the doctors are telling him he can't go back into the war. Jake finds himself being sent to Carnton to deal with all the local bittys and their charity Christmas auction. There are far too many frills and grins for poor Jake and he strongly desires to head back to his buddies in combat. Little does he know, that he still can serve a great purpose at Carnton.

This novella is the intro to a full series that will begin to release in 2018. I can't wait to read more about the owners of Carnton, along with their friends. I am hoping to be able to stop and view this land in Tennessee one day when I'm travelling through!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Christmas at Carnton.

October 4, 2017 – Started Reading