Joanne Robertson's Reviews > Angelica Stone

Angelica Stone by Susi Osborne

I didn’t know what to expect from the blurb from the back of Angelica Stone but it certainly wasn’t this dark and sometimes shocking drama that made my jaw drop to the floor more than once! Be warned that there are some very disturbing scenes here but as they are used within the context of the terrible crimes that have been committed, they are necessary to the plot and not gratuitous. I found myself gritting my teeth throughout some difficult to read moments but boy, did those scenes really hit home as they explained some of the shocking behaviours that exploded off the page!

Both Angelica and Lola were well crafted characters who held my attention throughout with their realistic reactions to their life circumstances. I loved the way they both met a need within each other, meeting at just the right time in their lives. But this friendship isn’t without its problems and there is a shocking twist in store for all our characters with life changing decisions about to take effect for them both.

Angelica Stone contains some difficult subject matters but ultimately this life affirming book handles them with sensitivity and understanding. Both Angelica and Lola became very close to my heart whilst reading and I think they took a little bit of it with them when they left me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angelica Stone.

October 4, 2017 – Shelved
October 4, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
October 26, 2017 – Started Reading
October 28, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Zoé-lee O'farrell I really did love this book, but like you gritted my teeth in some bits and I felt like I had to put it down too sometimes!