Avid Reader's Reviews > Unquiet

Unquiet (Resilient Love #3) by Melanie Hansen
3 stars
M/M Emotional
Triggers: Mental Health Issues, Suicide Ideology
I was given this book for an honest review by Wicked Reads.

So, I absolutely LOVED book 2, but this one, I struggled to get through. I don't know that I would even truly categorize this as a romance. It's more about watching two lives come together, rip apart and come back together. It has a very real quality to it, but for me, it was just too long. While I can understand getting the reader to feel Eliot's cycles, after a while, I found myself skimming along.

Loren and Eliot grew up together. Eliot was always there for Loren and vice versa. However, as the boys grow older, Eliot becomes a little more "weird" and Loren takes notice. Despite trying to help his friend, it all becomes too much for Loren one night.

Eliot cycles through his mental health issues throughout this story and while it's real and complex, emotional and honest, I felt that this book was all about his issues.

Loren watches and feels helpless a lot of the time because he's constantly worrying that something will set Eliot off in to another cycle.

It's hard to watch this relationship - at times, it's like watching a train you know is going to collide, but being unable to look away.

So, while I did think that the book offered a very honest look at the life of someone with a mental health disorder like Eliot's, it was just too much for me.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unquiet.

Finished Reading