Vibeke Mouridsen's Reviews > Love Letters to Writers: Encouragement, Accountability, and Truth-Telling

Love Letters to Writers by Andi Cumbo-Floyd

bookshelves: on-writing

As soon as I started to read Love Letters to Writers I felt embraced as a writer. Andi Cumbo-Floyd's wise and vulnerable storytelling about every aspect of writing and a writer's life gives you comfort and encouragement. With great kindness and yet persistence she tells you not to give up when you struggle, but to hold yourself accountable and keep on writing what you need to write.
From the many wise words (and it was a hard choice) I'll mention these from chapter two: "... write wild. . . . big and wild, like a fire." This is what the spirit of writing is about.
You should buy this book and keep it bookmarked or placed very close to your writing space, so whenever you feel lost in your writing life you can instantly grab it, read a bit, and feel hope again.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love Letters to Writers.

October 3, 2017 – Started Reading
October 11, 2017 –
page 90
October 18, 2017 –
page 118
56.46% "Chapters 27 and 28 brought tears to my eyes. These letters are truly love letters not only to writers but to all artists and creative people."
November 13, 2017 – Finished Reading