Julie (jjmachshev)'s Reviews > What Witches Want

What Witches Want by Laura Stamps

May 01, 2008

bookshelves: 2008-reads

"What Witches Want" is book 2 of the Witchery series by Laura Stamps. What a fun read and Goodreads.com even gets a mention!!

This second book in the series spins the tale of Savannah who fled an abusive marriage to move near her friends in South Carolina. Savannah is a Wiccan as are her frinds. She is finally settling in and looking for quiet and serenity in her life, while happily designing her up-market, spelled handbags and living with her two cats. Fairly quickly, it becomes obvious that Savannah's life will be anything but quiet. She must deal with a new kitten, a new neighbor, a possible stalker, visits from her ex, and a new man! Now I ask you...is that peaceful?

Savannah is someone I would like to be friends with and her new man...well, if I could steal him, I would! Although he doesn't appear til well into the story, Savannah's not ready for him until then; it just wouldn't work any other way. But when he does appear? He's hot, and so is the sex!

I've already put the 3rd book in this series "Call of The Witches" (Sep 2008) as well as "A Vampire's Kiss" (a Witchery series spin-off due in spring 2009) on my to-buy lists.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What Witches Want.

May 1, 2008 – Shelved
Started Reading
June 30, 2008 – Finished Reading
October 22, 2008 – Shelved as: 2008-reads

Daisiemae Julie,
I thought Wynn was super hot too...didn't you? Sigh...

message 2: by Laura (new) - added it

Laura Awesome, Julie! I'm so glad you liked this one!!!

Now you can see why I was totally in love with Donnie for months after I finished this novel. He is definitely HOT! And just think.....Blaine in "Call of the Witches" is Donnie's cousin. Oh, yeah, that's a yummy family for sure!

In fact now that you have met Donnie, you can understand why I decided to give Donnie and Savannah their own erotica ebook series called "A Faery Witch." At the end of WWW they are on her porch. Well, I wanted to know what happened after that. So that's where the first ebook novella picks up. Let's just say they didn't make it upstairs this time and were lucky to make it to the sofa (naughty grin).

Speaking of that, now you have read the infamous bathtub scene Shellie loves so much. I think we all want one of those tubs (wicked smile)!

And, as you know, the Donnie/Savannah story continues as a secondary theme in "Call of the Witches." You can see some of that in the first three chapters of that novel on the C.O.W. blog.

I know you liked Mirabella from "The Witches of Dixie"...wasn't it fun to see her from Savannah's POV? Same with Ravena. I just love how that worked out. In the first novel you see 4 of the Witches from their POV. Then in the last two novels you see them through the POV of one Witch. So you get to see them from the outside, the way other people see them. I loved how Ravena was with Savannah, a caring friend, but they also had a lot of goofy fun together. Mirabella too. And Noelle? Don't get me started on her. She is a trip!

Looking forward to seeing you on Saturday...big fun!!!

xoxo
Laura Stamps
Author of Paranormal Romance and Erotica Novels
http://www.LauraStamps.blogspot.com (to read excerpts from my novel series)
http://laura-stamps8.livejournal.com (my Author blog...updated daily)

message 3: by Laura (new) - added it

Laura Shellie--

Have you been reading my Live Journal blog every day? I have been offering a "Wynn fix" for fans of that yummy guy in many of those posts, letting everyone know what he's doing chapter by chapter in the latest erotica ebook novella ("Bewitched at the Beach") I've been writing in his series with Noelle.

I've also put the link to my LJ blog in my Goodreads sig to make it easier for everyone.

xoxo
Laura Stamps
Author of Paranormal Romance and Erotica Novels
http://www.LauraStamps.blogspot.com (to read excerpts from my novel series)
http://laura-stamps8.livejournal.com (my Author blog...updated daily)