Cassie James's Reviews > Under the Pendulum Sun

Under the Pendulum Sun by Jeannette Ng

description
Under The Pendulum Sun is the first book from Jeannette Ng and I am VERY impressed. For a debut author, the quality of this book is just amazing. It begins with Catherine Helstone venturing into the fabled land of the Fae, Arcadia to find her brother Laon who has not been heard from. She finds Arcadia after a little stress and proceeds in her investigation by residing in her brother's castle Gethsemane. Catherine's adventure are sublime, I loved absolutely everything about this book. From the pace to the action, to the worldbuilding to everything. The whole book is top notch and the writing outstanding, this is the kind of book you lose sleep over. The ending was amazing and awesome, so many delicious twists and turns I didn't see coming. Queen Mab is a fantastic villain with so many layers that made this book so amazing, the Fae politics and intrigue elevated the storyline into greater heights.
I've read many fantasy books but I can NEVER get tired of seeing more amazing ones like this. I happily recommend this book to every reader looking for a great time. I can't wait for what's next from this uber talented author. Jeannette Ng has crafted a lush and vivid world of the Fae that intrigues to no end.

P.S: That cover is just breathtaking and very aptly detailed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Under the Pendulum Sun.

Finished Reading