Carrie Schmidt (Reading is My SuperPower)'s Reviews > Wish Me Love

Wish Me Love by Michele Ashman Bell

Wish Me Love by Michele Ashman Bell is a good choice for those days when you want a sweet, light read full of fluff and fun!

Charlotte and Jack are two best friends – Charlotte is still recovering from a badly-broken engagement while Jack and his fiancee are trying to nail down their own wedding plans. In an effort to detour Charlotte from the lonely path she’s currently on, Jack issues her a challenge: Go on fifty first dates. And let me tell you – those dates? Hilarious. Poor Charlotte. It’s really a wonder she keeps speaking to Jack.

I did wish for a little more emotional depth to the characters. Their dialogue often comes across as very one-dimensional, and the ending feels a bit anti-climactic after all is said and done. It’s very sweet, don’t get me wrong. It made me happy and it reminded me of my relationship with my husband. But I needed something a little more layered, even if this is a light read.

Bottom Line: Wish Me Love by Michele Ashman Bell is cute and sweet. I loved Charlotte’s relationship with her friends and her family, as well as her excitement over her new home. Her dates made for some great laughs, and her friendship with Jack is tender and fun. The LDS terms and circumstances scattered throughout did slow my reading a bit, since they are unfamiliar to me and not really explained. And as I’ve mentioned, I wished it had been more dimensional overall. Still, this is a nice weekend read – light, fun, and romantic!

(I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book)

first seen at Reading Is My SuperPower

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wish Me Love.

October 2, 2017 – Started Reading