Leo (Queen of the Rants) 's Reviews > Show Me the Way

Show Me the Way by A.L. Jackson

it was ok
bookshelves: asshole-hero

First of all he's an asshole and she's a weak heroine.

The fact that he forgot to mention to the heroine that (view spoiler)

And what about this? Does that means what I think it means? I think so and since it wasn't comfirmed if he did or didn’t so I'll take it how I read it. He also let the wife stayed in his house and this happened =>
(view spoiler)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Show Me the Way.

October 2, 2017 – Started Reading
October 2, 2017 – Shelved
October 2, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)

message 1: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Fab review honey but your first line was enough for me 😂

Leo (Queen of the Rants) Thank you Deborah! 🙂

message 3: by Cyndi (new) - added it

Cyndi Gross! This author never works for me!

message 4: by Alex ♈ (new) - added it

Alex ♈ WTF??? Sorry, but not sorry. WTF??? I'll definitely pass this one 😖

message 5: by Tina (new) - added it

Tina Gross, two stars is too much for this shit

Leo (Queen of the Rants) And that is not all girls, this also has a best friend little sister trope, hero had a relationship way before he met the wife with his best friend sister and one time a girl was grinding on his lap and his girlfriend saw him was hurt that he kissed this girl in front of her because he was a pansy ass and was scared to tell his best friend that he was in love with his sister so the girlfriend disappeared and was never seen again he was and still loves her and he feels guilty. He was also loyal to his his wife while she was away and he was expecting her to return and become a family again and if it wasn’t for the heroine he would have gotten back with her.

GimmeAllTheWerdssss Ew!! That def sounds like he got a bj!! That's CHEATING!!!

Leo (Queen of the Rants) Shari Kay wrote: "did he let her?"

He let her what? The chapter in his POV ended right there, no mention after that because the next chapter was the heroine telling him that his wife tormented her when she was young and (view spoiler)

GimmeAllTheWerdssss Leonor...you gave it two stars so either the writing was amazing or he redeemed himself somewhat. I don’t count it redeeming himself if the wife ran off again and he chose the heroine by default...

Leo (Queen of the Rants) Haha I always rate books that I don’t like with 2 stars and I’m my eyes he didn’t redeem himself and to me heroine was third best since the wife was too second best after his girlfriend disappeared

message 11: by Nova (new)

Nova  Brantley Wow 😮 great review. But I tend to stay away from this author. Sorry but not sorry I don’t like the single dad stories. For me they tend to want to be or get back with the ex or bad mouthing them. So I stay away.

Leo (Queen of the Rants) Shari Kay wrote: "I did read that correctly? [spoilers removed]"

Yes you read that right. It was after he let her stay in his house and sleep in his bed and no he stayed in the couch.

Leo (Queen of the Rants) Rika wrote: "Wow 😮 great review. But I tend to stay away from this author. Sorry but not sorry I don’t like the single dad stories. For me they tend to want to be or get back with the ex or bad mouthing them. S..."

Thank you Rika. I usually like single parent trope but not one where the parent is waiting for his/her spouse to return.

message 14: by Rejane (new) - added it

Rejane Things are still stinky in bookland. Is the heroine a doormat?
And in my opinion, just this passage is enough evidence he definitely got the bj:
" I groaned, head rocking back on the top of the sofa, breath a hiss on my tongue."

message 15: by Leo (Queen of the Rants) (last edited Oct 04, 2017 11:02AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Leo (Queen of the Rants) Rejane wrote: "Things are still stinky in bookland. Is the heroine a doormat?
" I groaned, head rocking back on the top of the sof..."

It wasn't comfirmed if he got the bj or not but since there wasnt any I took it as I read it. But anyway was the damn point of making seen like he did get a bj from his wife because I won't call her an ex when he was still married to her and was waiting for her anyway to come back. why make it seen like he did when he didn't? Was I supposed to figure it out myself that he didn't? And do I feel like the heroine is a doormat? In my eyes she is.

message 16: by Rejane (new) - added it

Rejane I agree. And like I said, that excerpt made me believe she sucked him off

message 17: by CC (new) - added it

CC That totally sucks!!!

message 18: by CC (new) - added it

CC The scene I mean ...your review was great :-)

message 20: by Dilek VT (new) - added it

Dilek VT I'll pass this book, thanks to you :))))