Stephanie's Reviews > The Night Circus

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

My sister, who read TNC earlier this year, suggested this book. Morgenstern wrote the story for NaNoWriMo. So, for the month of November I read The Night Circus and Victoria read my suggestion, Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen (which is also about a circus and was written as a NaNo challenge). Yes, we had a theme going. :D

Words cannot express how much I loved this book. I was crying at the end from so many feelings.

The story is non-linear, so you have to pay attention to the dates and locations at the beginning of each chapter, but it told flawlessly. It all comes together in the end.

The words are so poetic. The descriptions of all the senses bring you into the story without dragging on or slowing down story. You feel a part of the circus yourself. The color pallets described are a feast for the imagination. Should this be turned into a movie it would be a costume designer, set designer, art director's DREAM! I am just putting this positive vibe into the universe - I WANT TO BE PART OF THE COSTUME DEPARTMENT - should this be turned into a film. ;) (I also have some casting in mind.)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Night Circus.

November 2, 2012 – Started Reading