Neezy's Reviews > After The I Do

After The I Do by Autumn Breeze

M 50x66

The story itself is one which resonates with the age old question of: how far would you go to protect the ones you love? And for Thanos Right, the next Head of The Moroii Family, he is willing to go far indeed--marrying a descendant from his centuries-long rival clan, Everett Dawson.

Thanos Right, is a strong character, who narrates the story in such a way that is so reminiscent of his personality: straight to the point, observant of people and his surroundings, riddled with witty banter and a penchant for saying ridiculous things to bring out the biggest smiles in others.

Thanos' character is where this book triumphs most.

He's loyal, intelligent, compassionate, understanding, and is generally an all-around nice guy without all the problematic aspects of a tragic past that tries to excuse any of his short-comings. And although he is a poster child for a well-adjusted protagonist, Thanos is also very human. And the author does not shy away from delving further into the raw emotions and complexities that makes up the human psyche about issues often left unspoken: mental health, betrayal, love, war and hatred.

This book will always hold a dear place in my heart. It came at a time of real-life stresses that made it oftentimes hard to bare reality, and at a time where life changing problems threatened to devour everything I had come to know.

This book spawned a deep-rooted connection with a bunch of internet misfits who have changed and shaped me in ways I never could have imagined, as we fangirled and laughed and cursed our way through the progression of "After The I Do". I found a bunch of like-minded, brave, honest and beautiful souls who keep me grounded and striving despite any, and all, obsticles we may face in this battlefield of life and reality and madness. All because of this book. Thanks for writing a book that spawned a community, Autumn. A community I am proud to be apart of--even if I am the only sane person here.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read After The I Do.

Finished Reading
September 30, 2017 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Zero I love this book it's amazing and when I saw it on wattpad I fell in love!!!