Vicktor Alexander's Reviews > Why I Love Waiters

Why I Love Waiters by T.A. Chase

I started off reading this when it was available online, but things came about and I wasn't able to finish the end so I knew that when the book came out I'd have to buy it just so I can see how it ended.

While the Epilogue definitely had my eyes sort of widening, I must admit that I did like this book. Being a veteran of the Army I could identify with John's frustration with being gay during the DADT-era. I could also understand Heath's struggle to support someone that you love when they have a job that constantly puts them in danger.

There were a lot of steamy moments in this book (the hotel room) but it was mostly about overcoming bigotry and trusting in love in spite of it all.

I must admit to a bit of bias when it comes to T.A.'s books, I don't think there's anything of hers that I've ever completely written off, though I don't doubt that it could happen, but I must admit that this is the first of hers that had "The Epilogue Whore" completely baffled at the end, with a sort of confused satisfaction at its conclusion.

I could see me reading this again because I'm a sucker for a good military story with a hot Army guy and a cute twink.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Why I Love Waiters.

September 23, 2011 – Shelved
September 25, 2011 – Started Reading
September 25, 2011 –
6.0% "Another book about a soldier. Makes me happy."
September 25, 2011 –
38.0% "Wow I can remember the uncertainties of trying to date while serving in the military. *Sings* "Memories...like the corners or my mind...""
September 25, 2011 –
63.0% "Aawww I just wanna snuggle up with Heath right now."
September 25, 2011 –
82.0% "Aaww hell. I knew something was going to happen. *Shakes fist at bigots and homophobes*"
September 25, 2011 – Shelved as: gay-family-drama