Sofia The Great's Reviews > Thicker Than Water

Thicker Than Water by Dylan  Allen

5420503

bookshelves: 2017, latino

4 Platypires for Thicker Than Water by Dylan Allen.

Immigration to the US is a topic near and dear to my heart. I am fortunate to be first-generation American and not ever having to live in the shadows in this country. Yet, I have met countless other people who in their hearts are American yet are not given the same rights. They must live as second-class citizens and not able to participate like the rest of us. My heart goes out to them and I feel for them.
The author Dylan Allen was able to take the topic of undocumented workers and weave a love story through it. Personally, I would think it would not have been possible to take such a hard subject and still have all the romantic feels. Yet, Allen was able to do a really good job. She really did do her research and made the story relatable. There were teachable moments but it didn't feel pushed.
My only real complaint was that I wanted more "hot action" earlier on because the build-up was excruciating for me. LOL. It all worked out in the end and maybe I am just greedy. The scenes were definitely hot and worth the wait.
Overall, this was a really good book and I would recommend it. I can't wait to read more from Dylan Allen. I truly believe she is an author to watch.

*I received a free copy of this book for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thicker Than Water.

September 30, 2017 – Started Reading