Amy's Reviews > If There's No Tomorrow

If There's No Tomorrow by Jennifer L. Armentrout

bookshelves: physical-arcs

This was my first experience reading an Arementrout book and everything I’ve heard about her books is true, she will crush your heart in the best possible way, similar to Colleen Hoover. Her writing is raw, highly emotional and so relevant and important. This will be put in my small stack of books to have my kids read when they get older, it’s a must.

Books about vulnerable teens always get me right in the feels and this was no exception. It’s told solely from Lena’s perspective and broken into yesterday, today and tomorrow. It’s not told over the course of just three days in her life but rather the time before a major event, during and the time afterwards. I just loved Lena, she’s a bookworm who would rather spend a Saturday night tucked in with a Sarah J. Maas book than out at a party with friends, but she’s not a total loner. She has a tight knit group of friends and a best friend, Sebastian who was quite possibly the sweetest, most endearing kid I’ve read about in a long time. After a devastating tragedy, her and her friends are shaken to their very core and she must find a way to look forward to tomorrow.

There was such an authenticity to this book, both in the scarily believable plot and the behavior of these teens. The dialogue was dead on, these kids were genuine and wholly realistic, I feel like if I had been eavesdropping on a group of teenaged friends their mannerisms and conversations would’ve been exactly like the ones portrayed in this book.

I do want to mention that it gets off to a pretty slow start, but if you hang in there after the first third it gets better. Once it picks up the pace it’s full steam ahead and turns into something beautiful and powerful that took me on quite the journey. Much of it was absolutely gut wrenching but extremely poignant and touching, again every teen should read this the lessons inside are unforgettable and vitally important.

All of my reviews can be found on www.novelgossip.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read If There's No Tomorrow.

September 29, 2017 – Started Reading
September 29, 2017 – Shelved
September 29, 2017 – Shelved as: physical-arcs
October 2, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

message 1: by Miriam (new)

Miriam Smith Lovely review Amy 😊

message 2: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Thanks!! ❤️

message 3: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Ansbro An eloquent and detailed review, Amy!

message 4: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Kevin wrote: "An eloquent and detailed review, Amy!"

Thanks Kevin!

message 5: by Crumb (new)

Crumb Great review, Amy!