Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)'s Reviews > Five

Recommended to Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) by: R2R

UPATED REVIEW after re-read
Quick review

Cover: Visually Interesting
Rating R – for mild sexual situations.
Thumbs Up 3.5
Overall: Interesting.
Characters: Okay.
Plot: It was a new kind of story for me.
Page Turner: In ways
Series Cont.? Yes
Recommend Yes
Book Boyfriend: Zach

SUMMARY (50 word or less)
The second time around reading was better. This story has a lot of potential and held a lot of good more so than bad. The story really took off towards the end. There is a hand full of hot guys and I can’t hide my excitement for all the drama.

For my full review and a picture of Zach, see my blog post.

(view spoiler)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Five.

Started Reading
September 23, 2011 – Shelved
September 23, 2011 – Finished Reading
June 13, 2012 – Shelved as: reviewed

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)

Shannon Ok I am reading this too and I am feeling like you are.. I keep putting it down and then only read a few pages.. I feel like Cassie is not that great of a friend.. I am going to finish the book too since I also agreed to review it but I am happy to know it is not just me.

message 2: by Carol (new)

Carol Bradley I totally agree with you, with respect to believeing characters and emotional timelines for faling in love, if I cannot make logical deductions of the characters I find it most difficult to get engrossed in the story. It's all to easy to drift away and lose interrest. Right now I am reading to Highlander books by Karen Marie Moning. The one I am on now is calledBeyond The Highland Mist. I am enjoying this one most of all. It's very intelligently worded and written as well as entertaining and fun to read. :)

Shannon Carol wrote: "I totally agree with you, with respect to believeing characters and emotional timelines for faling in love, if I cannot make logical deductions of the characters I find it most difficult to get eng..."

I love Karens work I read the Fever series first and then went back to the Highlanders since I did not realize the cross over. I like Five but I find it so much like other books I have read already and just the jumpping around is not holding my interest to the book.

message 4: by Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) (last edited Sep 26, 2011 12:11PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) Five-yes, it's gets better in the end a little too late. But if I hadn't signed on to review, I would have never gotten there.

KMM books are steamy. Try them on audio with a narrator for the Highland series who sounds like a young Sean Connery and you'll have to be home alone to listen....

Shannon Terri wrote: "Five-yes, it's gets better in the end a little too late. But if I hadn't signed on to review, I would have never gotten there.

KMM books are steamy. Try them on audio with a narrator for the H..."

Terri- that is what I keep telling myself about this book too.. I still have to finish reading it and I started it last week and it never takes me this long to read a book.. I feel like 90120 gets mixed with the fey plot line... and yes Sean Connery I thought of too when I read the highlander books

Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) Yeah, I forced myself to finish because normally I can read a book in a day or two. But that one was terribly hard to read.

Shannon The thing is that this has potential to be a great book it just needs a little changing. I read and reviewed another book and in that one all the characters did was nitpick at one another and when I stated that the author did not get what I was talking about stating I was confusing... Well I am at times confused on this book too but not as bad as the other one I read... oh well

Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) Yes, there definitely is a good story in there. It may not take a whole lot, just a few sentences here and there. And maybe say, I'm falling in love and not in love with a person you barely know. I might have over looked one person falling in love so quickly, but it seems like all the characters do.

Shannon Terri wrote: "Yes, there definitely is a good story in there. It may not take a whole lot, just a few sentences here and there. And maybe say, I'm falling in love and not in love with a person you barely know...."

I am getting that too.... I like stories with indepedent women who can make it on their own without a man but at the same time when they do find the man it completes them.. Cassie just seems like she is all about a relationship and the catty comments she make to Rayla about how these guys are all over Rayla is entertaining.. That is why I get a highschool feeling about this book

message 10: by Carol (new)

Carol Bradley Shannon wrote: "Carol wrote: "I totally agree with you, with respect to believeing characters and emotional timelines for faling in love, if I cannot make logical deductions of the characters I find it most diffic..."

The Fever books are far better than the Highlander series. I will have to try the audio books, although I must admit I am so not a fan of Sean Connery's voice :(

Shannon Carol wrote: "Shannon wrote: "Carol wrote: "I totally agree with you, with respect to believeing characters and emotional timelines for faling in love, if I cannot make logical deductions of the characters I fin..."

Oh yes the Fever stories are better than the Highlanders books but I feel you must read both to really understand what is going on in the Fever series.

message 12: by Sarah :) (new) - added it