Ela's Reviews > The Body Finder

The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting

Sep 23, 2011

bookshelves: sitting-on-the-shelf

Kimberly Derting does an amazing job on this book, is thrilling, romantic and involving in a wonderful way. The most thrilling parts are the ones narrated by the killer, showing the way he thinks, why he does that and that anxiety, who will be his next victim? Who is he? I felt specially the lack of details of what had happened with the victims, what is usually present in this kind of book; Kim simply says that they were dead, end of the story. Is not mandatory, and it actually makes the book lighter, is just that is not my first book of the kind and, as I said, they usually tells the details about the victims. On the other hand, I thought absolutely awesome the psychological development of the killer, he is not simply a maniac (ok, he is), you can clearly sense that he is mentally sick, the kind of need he feels, his motivations, differently from the usual, simply crazy/frightening killers of the gender. This involvement with the killer, getting into his head is one of the main responsible for making you involved with the book and get frightened, you'll look over your shoulder while wandering in the streets, and that's amazing. The characters are incredibly simple and realistic, is easy to fit in the story, my favorite was Chelsea, who is amazingly honest and direct, making funny remarks here and there. Great book, I'm excited to see how the next one will proceed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Body Finder.

September 23, 2011 – Shelved