Matthew's Reviews > The Rooster Bar

The Rooster Bar by John Grisham

bookshelves: 2017, audio, library, legal-drama

More disgruntled lawyer-types from Grisham doing questionable lawyer-type stuff. While not quite the same, I am reminded of The Litigators. If I ever really need a lawyer, I hope I don't end up with one from a Grisham novel!

This book was like watching a trainwreck and was actually quite enjoyable. His recent efforts have been both good (Camino Island) and disappointing (The Whistler). Luckily this one falls into the good category. While the series of events within are far fetched (as they often are with Grisham), I did not have a problem accepting them and enjoying the story. Sometimes if they are too far fetched or totally ridiculous, they are too distracting.

If you are a fan of Grisham's legal dramas, you know what you are you are getting into and I can almost guarantee you are going to enjoy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Rooster Bar.

September 28, 2017 – Shelved
November 6, 2017 – Shelved as: legal-drama
November 6, 2017 –
17.0% "Bipolar"
November 7, 2017 –
34.0% "When they say the name of the book, you know things are getting important!"
November 8, 2017 –
69.0% "So many bad ideas!"
November 10, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)

Steve I'll give this a second chance! Did you read or listen?

Matthew Steve wrote: "I'll give this a second chance! Did you read or listen?"

I listened. Takes a bit to get into the meat of the story. I wasn't sure at first, but got more into it after 2 or 3 hours (about 100 pages).

message 3: by Cheri (new) - added it

Cheri My fave of his is King Of Torts. I'll probably like this one too!

Matthew Cheri wrote: "My fave of his is King Of Torts. I'll probably like this one too!"

Oh, yeah - if you liked King of Torts, you will like this one! Definitely done plot elements from that one in here, too.

message 5: by Susan (new) - added it

Susan I have recently discovered John Grisham and pretty much devour his books. Camino Island has been my favorite. It’s one of those books that stays with you after you have read it. It’s a definite re-read.

Matthew Susan wrote: "I have recently discovered John Grisham and pretty much devour his books. Camino Island has been my favorite. It’s one of those books that stays with you after you have read it. It’s a definite re-..."

Great discovery! I have been reading since the 90s and it is definitely up and down with him, but I always want to come back for more!

Matthew Kimber wrote: "Great review, Matthew! : )"

Thanks, Kimber! :)