Christel's Reviews > The Darkest Pleasure

Apr 30, 2008

bookshelves: gena-showalter
Recommended for: Gena Showalter fan

Okay, How do I review this one when not many people have it yet??? HMMMMM

Okay, this story has been played somewhat in the other books. It just delves deeper in this book. Reyes is the demon of Pain. He has got to hurt all the time to satisfy his demons needs. Danika has had nightmares since childhood, horrid nightmares. After she has them she paints what she has seen in her dreams.
Aeron, Keeper of Doubt, has been ordered by Cronus, King of the Titans to destroy Danika and all of her family.

This story has to deal with trust, love, friendship and sacrifice. From Reyes to Danika, to Aeron to a female demon by the name of Legion, this book tells a great story. The sacrifice that Paris makes for them all is great and hurts him to the core.

If the rest off these books are as good as the first 3 I will be hoping for a movie or a TV series, something to further the stories. Just great writing and great characters

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Darkest Pleasure.

April 30, 2008 – Shelved
Started Reading
June 25, 2008 – Finished Reading
October 20, 2017 – Shelved as: gena-showalter

Comments (showing 1-8)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Kathrynn Yeah, Christel. I'm looking forward to a) getting my copy and 2) :-) reading it.

I've enjoyed this series.

Readdiction I really want to read one of her books but the first one I read didn't appeal to me. I can't quite remember it now (it just didn't quite "click" with me) but I think it was the first in the Atlantis series... Anyway, I'm hoping that it was just a fluke because I've heard such great things about her.

I'd love it if you could recommend another of her books, I want to give her another try! Thanks!

Christel Readdiction. Any in this series for me. These are the first of her writing that I have read and I am addicted to this series, somewhat more than I am addicted to the Black Dagger Brotherhood. I just love the way she haas done the characters in this series.

Julie (jjmachshev) Did yall know the next in this series won't be released until Nov 2009?
J

message 4: by Jen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen Julia-This was from Gena's blog. I am really happy she told everyone this. Nov 2009 was way too long to wait!

I've set Seduce the Darkness aside to polish up The Darkest Whisper. Because. . . hot off the press. . . you won't have to wait until Nov 09 for its release! I'm happy to say it will release much sooner than that, but I hesitate to post the exact month as it's not yet set in stone. Just know you won't have to wait a year and a half.

Christel Ok Jen just give me about when the book will be released. Right now all I have to look forward to is Acheron in August and the BDB conpendium in October. Give a girl a tease, PLEASE

Julie (jjmachshev) All.
Reading thru her msg boards, she says Sabin's story is next in May 09.
J

Axita Shienh Aeron is the keeper of Wrath, and Sabin is the keeper of Doubt.