Fani *loves angst*'s Reviews > Daughter of Smoke & Bone

Things I didn't like:
1. The second half
2. The "insta-love" romance
3. Akiva's 2-dimensional character

This passage from jenn's review describes perfectly my feelings about this book:
"I love a lot of the concepts here, and a lot about the worlds. Unfortunately, what I though was going to be a cool story about a cool girl with a cool job turned into a pretty sappy romance, and then a giant flashback completely bollocksed up the structure of this book - it went from a sweeping international epic to a study of the perfection of Madrigal's white throat. "

September 22, 2011 – Shelved
December 2, 2011 – Started Reading
December 2, 2011 –
15.0% "I'm very glad I ditched The Night Circus for this! I'd reached the middle and it was going nowhere, while this one has both nice writing AND a plot:)"
December 5, 2011 –
30.0% "Very nice!"
December 6, 2011 –
December 8, 2011 –
50.0% "Damn, I was enjoying this so much more before reading Angelfall. Now it feels lacking somewhat:("
December 8, 2011 –
50.0% "I have a feeling that those few who said that after the first half this took a turn for the worse (aka insta-love & fanfic) were speaking to my own heart."
December 9, 2011 –
60.0% "Ok, I think I got who Karou is. And I do hope I'm right because Akiva is doing nothing for me."
December 9, 2011 –
75.0% "1. I was wrong.
2. If I were a man, my balls would be the size of mellons by now. Stop teasing me for 50 pages and more and tell me what she is!!!"
December 12, 2011 – Finished Reading

Laura Morrigan Yes, I loved all the stuff about the tooth shop and the cool cafe and art college, but I wasn't so much into the romance, and I was disappointed it was leaving Prague, which I loved!

Fani *loves angst* The romance didn't work too well for me either; for such an original plot and background, the romance was just too ordinary/common IMHO:( I expected more in that department I guess.

Marina thank god dear, i thought i'm the only one.....

Fani *loves angst* LOL! I thought I was the only one as well till now:) Just can't get what all the fuss was because the second half did nothing for me.

Marina Fani wrote: "...... fuss was because the second half did nothing for me."

Well it did to me, it reminded me of "ridicolo" inHarry Potter world where something dark and scary turns into a joke!

Ronyell Great review Fani!

Fani *loves angst* Thanks Ronyell! Most people loved it but the second half didn't work for me. Are you planning on reading it?

Ronyell Fani wrote: "Thanks Ronyell! Most people loved it but the second half didn't work for me. Are you planning on reading it?"

I just finished reading it!

Fani *loves angst* I see it now. Glad to see you enjoyed it:) It's a well written & quality book for sure.

Ronyell Fani wrote: "I see it now. Glad to see you enjoyed it:) It's a well written & quality book for sure."

I agree! The ending was pretty shocking though!

Fani *loves angst* Hmm, would you believe I don't even remember it now? Could you remind it to me?

Ronyell Fani wrote: "Hmm, would you believe I don't even remember it now? Could you remind it to me?"

In the end (view spoiler)

Fani *loves angst* Ok, thanks so much! I knew (view spoiler) but couldn't remember why. Thanks for clearing that out for me:)

Ronyell Fani wrote: "Ok, thanks so much! I knew [spoilers removed] but couldn't remember why. Thanks for clearing that out for me:)"

You're welcome! :D I do wonder if (view spoiler) Well, we have to wait and see!

Fani *loves angst* You'll have to tell me what happens though, because I don't think I'm going to read that:)

Ronyell Fani wrote: "You'll have to tell me what happens though, because I don't think I'm going to read that:)"

Alright!

Fani *loves angst* Thanks in advance Ronyell:)

Ronyell Fani wrote: "Thanks in advance Ronyell:)"

You're welcome! :D

Chryssa Tsantsaraki Γεια!!! Αν θέλετε μπορείτε να δείτε να την κριτική μου (http://booksfrien.blogspot.gr/2015/08...) για αυτό το βιβλίο και να μου πείτε γνώμη. Ελπίζω να σας αρέσει. <3