Amar's Reviews > Marriage of a Thousand Lies

Marriage of a Thousand Lies by S.J. Sindu

bookshelves: identity-intersectionality

I absolutely adored this book. I couldn’t put it down and didn’t want it to end all at the same time. This book is everything I didn’t realize has been missing in my life. Since I started reading it, I’ve been searching (probably in vain) for more books like this one.

It so beautifully weaves everything together—family, culture, tradition, sexuality, gender roles. For anyone who understands the intergenerational transmission of shit, of expectations, of values conflict, read this book. For anyone who understands what it’s like to find and walk their own path when it’s so vastly different from everything that has been laid out before them, read this book.

Read this book anyway because it’s written by a WoC about a QWoC, and that’s so, so important. We need more books like this. Truly, this book is exactly what my generation of ABCDs (American Born, Culturally Desis) needs, and I hope to see many more like this.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Marriage of a Thousand Lies.

September 26, 2017 – Shelved
September 26, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
November 21, 2017 – Started Reading
November 21, 2017 –
page 37
November 22, 2017 –
page 73
25.35% "This book is toooo real. Loving it so far."
November 22, 2017 – Shelved as: identity-intersectionality
page 199
page 236
page 267
November 26, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Neha This is why I need to finish my book