Morgan's Reviews > The Sweet Gum Tree

The Sweet Gum Tree by Katherine Allred

Sep 22, 2011

bookshelves: 4-stars

Sweet Gum Tree is another phenomenal book by Katherine Allred; What Price Paradise was the other book I read and enjoyed by Allred.

The plot is intriguing and overwhelming (in a good way, of course). This book is really, really hard to put down. I was fascinated with Sweet Gum Tree, and I quickly became infatuated with Alix and Nick’s love story.

Sweet Gum Tree is sweet, romantic and heartbreaking. It’s an emotional roller coaster.

I wasn’t that surprised by the secrets that were revealed throughout this novel. The bombs that were dropped were, in my opinion, obvious, but I understood why they weren’t obvious to the characters. The characters were to close to the answers; they were blinded by love and fear. In a way, I would have preferred to be surprised by the revelations along with the characters, but it didn’t ruin this novel. I still enjoyed the story very much.

Katherine Allred has a beautiful writing style. She knows how to tell a story and make a picture come to life right before your eyes. I look forward to reading many more of Allred’s novels in the future. I think I’d read anything with her name on it.

I gave Sweet Gum Tree by Katherine Allred 4 STARS. It’s freaking phenomenal and I strongly recommend this novel to adults and older young adults. It’s a must read.

-XOXO

READING, EATING AND DREAMING

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sweet Gum Tree.

September 22, 2011 – Shelved
Started Reading
October 1, 2011 – Finished Reading
October 2, 2011 – Shelved as: 4-stars

Leslie I just finished this book and wrote a review. I loved it and even though it had some flaws, still blew me away.

Morgan Have you read What Price Paradise by Katherine Allred? It's really good too!

Leslie It's on my list to read!! I will soon as I love her writing style! Right now, I've started a werewolf series by Nicky Charles. It recieved 4+ stars on GR and all four books were free on for Nook users!! I've started book 1 this morning and I can already tell it's going to be good! Have you read them?

Morgan No girl! I have to check them out!! I haven't read a paranormal in a while so I need to add it to my list!

Leslie Yes, you should!! I mean, they're FREE! I you have a Nook or Nook app, download them immediately!! ;)