Mink Gough 's Reviews > Single, Gay, Christian: A Personal Journey of Faith and Sexual Identity

Single, Gay, Christian by Greg Coles

This is definitely one of a kind book - a biography of a single gay Christian that I have never seen before. Coles’ raw honesty, questions, doubts and discoveries are something to explore and celebrate. He has helped me reflect on my own view about the same sex attraction; and how my faith translates into my action.

One of the points he makes that struck me really hard is the pursuit of happiness in the modern view (the satisfying of our appetite - that we could quench the cravings of our flesh then we could be happy) and the pursuit of happiness in a deeper level - the happiness of longing, of being richly filled after we wait. It is not something we are good at especially in this day and age. But Coles’ understanding of the bible and God’s will has led him to live a life of celibacy even though it is difficult. I think this is a mark of a man whose heart and soul so sold out to God that he is willing to take on any tasks for Jesus even when sacrifice costs so dearly for him.

This is a unique book that will help you see same sex attraction from a real life experience, and also from a Christian perspective - not the mainstream, full of hatred one, mind you, but from a bible-grappling, soul searching, truth seeking, prayer lifting kind of view. It will definitely open up your minds.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Single, Gay, Christian.

September 25, 2017 – Shelved