may ➹'s Reviews > Under Rose-Tainted Skies

Under Rose-Tainted Skies by Louise Gornall

bookshelves: 2017-reads, contemporary, mental-illness, young-adult, 4-star, library, hardcover, ownvoices, diverse, anxiety-rep, my-heart, pov-1st, pov-female
Recommended to may ➹ by: may ❀

So I read this literally ages ago and I remember nothing from it, so here’s a quick short list review for finally get this RTC out of the way!!

- There was amazing mental illness rep (including anxiety, agoraphobia, and OCD, I believe), according to a few ownvoices reviews. I don’t remember exactly how Nora’s anxiety was portrayed, but, saying this as a person with anxiety, I think it was written realistically! The book is also ownvoices as well.
- Nora was a really beautiful character, and her thoughts were so real and often relatable. She was so well-developed and it was great to see her grow and try to recover throughout the book.
I also LOVED LUKE a lot. He was such a sweet boy who genuinely cared for Nora and he’s just super lovable.
- I THINK that the romance was a slowburn?? Or friends to lovers?? Or at least something with amazing development? And it didn’t play into the “love cures all” trope, which is really important when there’s romance in a book about mental illness.
- The romance was also just so so cute. God. I think I smiled way too much while reading this book.
- Despite it being cute and all, it actually made my heart break a few times. I love the way mental health was tackled and certain scenes were so sad to read about.
- I mean, I don’t remember the scenes, but according to my notes that I took after reading this, I was apparently sad…
- Basically, this was very cute but also very heartbreaking, in a perfect balance. And it had great characters with a well-developed romance, as well as a great portrayal of mental illness!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Under Rose-Tainted Skies.

September 25, 2017 – Started Reading
September 25, 2017 – Shelved
September 25, 2017 –
page 58
17.58% "i'm suing if i don't like this"
page 190
57.58% "this is so cute :')"
September 27, 2017 – Shelved as: 2017-reads
December 28, 2017 – Shelved as: anxiety-rep
December 28, 2017 – Shelved as: my-heart
December 28, 2017 – Shelved as: pov-1st
December 28, 2017 – Shelved as: pov-female

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Saily (new)

Saily Looks like I have a reason to read this book besides the pretty cover lol

lacy This book means everything to me. I have anxiety with panic attacks and ocd tendencies. It felt AMAZING to finally see excellent rep in those areas. Ugh, I just really really love this book.

may ➹ Saily wrote: "Looks like I have a reason to read this book besides the pretty cover lol"

it was super good & cute!!

may ➹ lacy [a ravenclaw library] wrote: "This book means everything to me. I have anxiety with panic attacks and ocd tendencies. It felt AMAZING to finally see excellent rep in those areas. Ugh, I just really really love this book."

awww lacy i'm so happy you could find yourself repped in this book!!! that's always an amazing feeling 💞