Isabella ~Mikku-chan~'s Reviews > Knit One, Girl Two

Knit One, Girl Two by Shira Glassman

bookshelves: favorites

This was a nice, sweet and charming story which I enjoyed a lot. The reason why I don’t give 5 out of 5 stars and only 4 instead was the beginning. I have to confess I was a bit confused first but maybe it was a problem I had and not the book’s fault. 😀

I really enjoyed the cultural diversity and how charming Danielle, Clara’s love interest, was displayed. She isn’t a “typical” heroine, she is described as solid, a hebrew word is used in the book for it which I had to look up but it was in the whole context of couse fitting.

Clara is a really pleasant main character, I adored that she is having her own knitting business and with how much pleasure she is working on her project. Danielle is a great balance to her, she comes around pretty calm but soon it’s clear that there is a fierceness behind the facade. 🙂 In my opinion the two ladies fit very well together and I enjoyed the story.

It is a F/F short story, as announced, full of fluff and cultural aspects, in this case the Jewish culture. I loved this part because I know pretty less, and I haven’t especially not read a F/F story with this diversity. Therefore there were a lot parts totally new and refreshing for me.

The love story and the emotions in the book were nice balanced, but if you expect anything “smokey” hot you are maybe disappointed. The book is, as the blurb says “fluffy” and it is. :3

I keep this author in mind, she has a pleasant writing, solid as her character are and with a great prospect. I am really interested in reading a full lenght novel by her, so I will check the backlist titles. 🙂

Review originally posted on my blog with added content Mikku-chan / A world full of words
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Knit One, Girl Two.

September 25, 2017 – Shelved