Olivia Bailey's Reviews > Lilly's Purple Plastic Purse

Lilly's Purple Plastic Purse by Kevin Henkes

F 50x66
Sep 22, 2011

bookshelves: first-day-of-school, alliteration, descriptive, individual, class-behavior, kevin-henkes

Book teaches so many things
It teachings about making choices. Everyone makes choices and the choices should be thought about before doing. Can problem solve on what Lilly should have done.
It teaches about learning to wait. Everyone needs to learn patience. Not everything is going to happen whne you want it to happen. It is good to learn patience to not get upset, sad, or angry about when something doesnt happen when you want it to.
It teaches about consequences for actions. Students need to know that there are consequences for all actions, good and bad. You are responsible for your actions so your are responsible for the consequences that follow you actions. Can talk about the bad choices and the good choice Lilly made in the book.
It teaches about thinking before you act because you can be remorseful about your actions. We should never do anything to intentionally hurt others. When our actions hurt others, then we must make it right.
It teaches about apologizing when you do something wrong no matter what it is. This builds character, morals, and humility.
It models having something special. Good book to lead into a show and tell. Everyone should be able to share something special about each other.
It teaches that there is a time and a place for everything. Do not do things when it doesnt fit. I was not good for Lilly to share during class time. Students can problem solve about the right places for things (eating during snack/lunch, not class time; etc)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lilly's Purple Plastic Purse.