Shawn Paterson's Reviews > A Serrated Edge: A Brief Defense of Biblical Satire and Trinitarian Skylarking

A Serrated Edge by Douglas Wilson

"Love that refuses to defend that which is loved is not biblical love at all. Such a sentiment is actually self-absorption. Love that shuns a fight is an oxymoron, and so I turn the charge around. The modern evangelical world says peace, peace, but there is no peace. Neither is there love.

I love the right worship of our triune God, the God and Father of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit of both. I love the Church, despite the make-up she is currently using. I love the Scriptures, and the message of free grace it brings to a race steeped in idolatrous folly. I love my wife, children, and grandchildren. Thought I haven't seen them, I love my great-grandchildren and want my descendants to have a place to live in the world where they can worship God with more than three chords. I love my parents, brothers, sister, cousins, nieces, and nephews. God has given us a heritage that I intend to love fiercely until I die. I love the Reformed faith - both its glorious past and yet more glorious future."
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Serrated Edge.

September 24, 2017 – Shelved