Mimi's Reviews > Just for Fins

Just for Fins by Tera Lynn Childs

liked it

I absolutely loved the first two books (The first book the best), but this ending kind of butchered it for me.

The only one I actually liked in this book was Quince. The only person I cared about this whole entire series was Quince. Lily was already annoying from the start. In the beginning she was this basic teenager, now she all political. I mean it isn't bad to be political, but this is about a romance story! People like me don't like politics and romance heavily mixed in a YA book! I understand that water pollution is a bad thing, just don't put it in a novel like this!

Forgive My Fins built this dream world that was focused on Quince and Lily's relationship. In this book, I am confused as to why Quince even likes Lily to go through something like the Trial of Truth! Let them live in peace for goodness sakes!

Mentioning all of these random kingdoms, people (that I don't care about), gave me a severe headache. There are things that make no sense at all. Some of the wording made it cringey? The development from Lily being this average teenager to political princess was pretty rushed, or maybe it just didn't grow onto me. It felt like Lily was super dependent on others to help her while making mere tiny ideas.

Politics = boring, especially for young readers who are already dealing with parents & teachers talking about it 24/7. The first book will always be the best for me. It seems authors like going overboard with their world building. Otherwise, Quince takes for saving me and this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just for Fins.

Finished Reading