Shanice Singh's Reviews > The Luck of the Bride

The Luck of the Bride by Janna MacGregor

liked it

March's family is destitute and in an attempt to provide for them, March forges the signature of Michael Cavensham in order to access her own dowry to provide for her siblings. However it isn't long before her forgery is found out and March is confronted by the man himself. When March and Michael meet, sparks fly instantly. But Michael is harbouring a secret and there are forces around them conspiring to keep them apart.
I feel like most of this novel was fluff with Michael and March's relationship. I didn't really like Michael's character so the lack of action bored me. I was also able to figure out the whole mystery behind this book.
When March is accused of being someone she is not, the plot picks up instantly and I was unable to stop reading. It was from this point onwards that I was drawn to this book and I needed to finish it and have a happy ending ASAP.
This was a fairly okay read but I was unable to conjure up any kind of feeling for Michael which spoiled this book for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Luck of the Bride.

September 24, 2017 – Shelved