Lauren's Reviews > Picture Winter

Picture Winter by Amy Aislin

bookshelves: mm-romance, signal-boost-reviews

What a lovely tale! Picture Winter was a really cute, light romance. The story was very low in drama and high in love, as we got to see the budding relationship of Elias and Ty, who were so adorably sweet together. I loved their story and the progression of their relationship, and although they didn't know each other all that long, their connection felt so solid and strong from the very start. The chemistry between them was insane, their interactions were wonderfully sweet and entertaining, and the whole romance was absolutely beautiful!

I enjoyed the family dynamic, which is something I always love. Ty's big family, his brothers and sisters and his parents, made for fab secondary characters and really added to the story. I particularly liked one scene where they were all sitting around eating a cake together in the basement, chatting and joking... I could picture it so vividly in my mind and it was such a wonderful family scene that made my heart melt.

I guess the whole confessions of love part might have been a little quick - maybe too quick for some readers. It definitely did not feel like insta-love to me, though, as Elias and Ty's relationship has certainly built to something strong and special before that point and you can really feel their connection. So it didn't really bother me as much as it might have in another story.

The ONLY gripe I had with Picture Winter was the very small - teeny tiny in fact! - amount of drama added just before the end. I was happy with how the story was progressing and enjoying such a light and fluffy romance, and would much rather have not seen them go through even the smallest of disagreements (yes I realise it's unrealistic to expect them to NEVER fight, but I just didn't want them to have any drama!) But honestly, it was quickly resolved and that was that.

I would have enjoyed to see more of this couple, perhaps a few more months down the line. I was disappointed that there was no epilogue, as by the end they've still only been together for less than two months. That's not a big issue though, as the story still ends nicely and with the promise of a HEA.

I would recommend this one for sure, particularly if you're looking for a light and sweet read.

***I was provided with an ARC of Picture Winter from Signal Boost Promotions in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Picture Winter.

September 24, 2017 – Started Reading