Kate Douglas's Reviews > Taming the Beast

Taming the Beast by Andrew  Grey

I was lucky enough to get an advance copy of Taming the Beast.

I absolutely love Andrew Grey’s stories. He writes the most romantic books about real men in real-life situations who handle those situations with intelligence and strength, sometimes with humor, other times with deep sadness, but always in the manner we would expect people we care about to deal with the conflicts in their lives.

Taming the Beast is flat-out wonderful. Both Dante and Beau have suffered, and they bear the scars of that suffering. Beau’s are external, terrible scars from a childhood event that has left him feeling unattractive and vulnerable. Dante’s scars aren’t anything anyone can see, but he, not Beau, is the Beast, a veritable pariah in the small town of St. Giles. It’s a role he never asked for, but it’s the only one he knows.

Beau is determined to redeem the beast, while Dante wants to do whatever he can to help Beau, who heads a small mental health clinic for the families of addicts and alcoholics. Beau wants the town’s citizens to understand that Dante is a good man, not the murderous animal the locals have tagged him, but Dante is a recluse by choice who isn’t quite so sure he deserves saving.

Still, Dante finds it impossible to say no to Beau, and the evolution of their growing relationship is absolutely wonderful. I love stories with characters so well-written that they are absolutely real to the reader. Both Dante and Beau are beautifully drawn, their personalities so powerful that that practically walk off the page. If you’ve never read a M/M romance, I highly recommend any and all of Andrew Grey’s stories. It doesn’t take long to become so caught up in his protagonists’ world that you’re rooting for the men to find love from the moment they meet.

And find it they do. Dante and Beau’s story left me smiling, and isn’t that what a really good romance should do? Thank you, Andrew, for the chance to read this marvelous story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Taming the Beast.

Finished Reading