D.M.'s Reviews > Haven

Haven by Mary Lindsey

bookshelves: arc-books-including-netgalley

Juicy enough to sink my teeth into it!

Haven is a mystery suspense novel which ideally you don't want to find out too much about it before you read it. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

Rain Ryland has never belonged anywhere. He and his mother have fluttered from place to place his whole life. Rain has learned to be tough to protect himself, and streetwise to survive. The world is hard and the dice rolls haven't been in his favour. His mother, unfortunately, has met a tragic end and Rain isn't old enough to be left to his own devices. He never knew his mothers past, but he is about to find a place to call his own.

New Wurzburg is a place filled with Magic and mystery. If you don't want to see then you can just close your eyes. Rain sees Freddie and he can't look away. There is something about her that he is drawn to, like a moth to a flame. To the outside world, she seems to be a troublemaker with an attitude. Take a closer look and she is so much more. She may not be beautiful like the prom queen, but her unusual looks are breathtaking. Rain has known a harsh life, and he wants to help Freddie even if she is reluctant.

Rain moves in with his aunt and starts a new school. Everything is looking up for his future, but destiny wants to deal her own cards. Rain is about to get sucked into Freddie's world and it's hard to look away.

5 stars out of 5. I couldn't put this book down. If you like the look of this story I would recommend you just read it, and don't look too closely into what it's about. The ride will suck you in and I loved every minute of it.

This book is intended for the 16 plus audience (U.K.) as it has adult content.

*I received an ARC copy of this book in exchange for a fair review. My blog tour date is the 24th November where I will be interviewing the lovely author. Don't worry I'm not planning any spoilers!*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Haven.

September 22, 2017 – Shelved