Chaima ✨ شيماء 's Reviews > Autoboyography

Autoboyography by Christina Lauren

bookshelves: read-in-2017, lgbtqia-rep, young-adult, romance, contemporary, boys-love-boys, fiction
Read 2 times. Last read September 18, 2019 to September 19, 2019.

*drops sandwich to clap*

Reading this book felt like having your own personal cheer squad. I really did not expect to love it this much but now I can't seem to get rid of these....emotions.... like, goddamn it! if my heart won’t start working for the good of the team, at least I should get to exchange it for a loaf of bread fresh out of the oven just for that warm homey smell!!

I mean sure, it was kinda.. sorta.. definitely insta-lovey and I’d still believe every single post about astrology before I believe in love at first sight. And sure, the biggest lie we’ve been told is that romantic love is the best and most important kind when really, it only just makes it onto the top five after cats and finding unexpected money in your jeans pockets. But utimately? none of that really mattered because this was the kind of book that is so satisfying to read you end up feeling as though you’ve achieved self-actualization: I am indeed at peace with all of you and also myself.

Truth is, I signed up for a cute romance and a couple of hours of me being overcome with a surge of passion and love and the unbearable desire to bestow it on the nearest entity, but only for the duration it would take to read the book (afterwards never mention it to me again please, the moment is gone). What I did not sign up for, however, is for my tear ducts to callous up and this book making it even harder to repress the inescapable waterfalls (which I think was very inconsiderate and rude). But I guess I just needed something to push me over the edge so I can have a good cry and start a new emotional slate and this book was just IT.

Now seriously, this was such a beautiful story of two boys learning to navigate friendships, falling in love, religion and sexuality. It was obvious that there was a lot of heart poured into it and I think that's what truly made it so genuine, so authentic and so relatable.

'You can be right or ou can be loved. Only a handful get both at the same time.'

It's a story that belongs to everyone who's ever kept their mouth stitched with the needle and thread they bought out of habit; for everyone who once couldn't choose to be themselves without choosing the feeling of alienation even among other people—almost like walking in an air bubble and screaming but it’s soundproof; for everyone who's ever felt hyper aware of everything left to lose to the point of depersonalization almost. And for all of us who have been lost for a while and are just trying to find our way to our bodies.

It was truly amazing how you could see tidbits of yourself in absolutely all the characters, but can I just say: SEBASTIAN. My god, I love sebastian so much I wish I could suck the sorrow out of him like when people in scientifically inaccurate shows suck the venom out of a snake bite.

Sebastien was the character I related to the most and my heart hurts for him and for everyone whose homes are places they're burning. I hope the sun fills all of your hearts soon but in the meantime, just take deep breaths and lie low and take refuge away from the smoke and know you belong to the sky and one day you will get out and you will get to fly!

Anyways, this has been a party political broadcast for Sebastian and Tanner. Please consider this book thank you and good night.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Autoboyography.

September 22, 2017 – Started Reading
September 22, 2017 – Shelved
September 23, 2017 –
55.0% "it's time to bring back the "I Came Out to Have a Good Time and I’m Honestly Feeling So Attacked Right Now" meme because that's exactly how i feel about this book. i was expecting a cute romance and i'm here on the verge of tears bc the discussions in this book are so important and hit too close to home and FHGKSFHSHDF !!!

anyways, i'm so impressed u guys need to read this book"
September 23, 2017 – Finished Reading
September 18, 2019 – Started Reading
September 19, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-50 of 61 (61 new)

prag ♻ well fuck you

Elise (TheBookishActress) PRAG is your favorite person on this dirt orb??

prag ♻ that's better 💖 💖 💖 💖 (view spoiler)

Chaima ✨ شيماء prag (is no longer on goodreads) ⚓ wrote: "well fuck you"

Chaima ✨ شيماء Elise wrote: "PRAG is your favorite person on this dirt orb??"

she agreed to do this br with me so i'm very biased at this moment, as we speak, right now

Elise (TheBookishActress) kazzy boy ϟ wrote: "prag (is no longer on goodreads) ⚓ wrote: "well fuck you"

is this even on ur cr shelf i'm the one who's looking desperate in this narrative"

aren't you always

Chaima ✨ شيماء prag (is no longer on goodreads) ⚓ wrote: "that's better 💖 💖 💖 💖 [spoilers removed]"

what fucking deed

Chaima ✨ شيماء Elise wrote: "aren't you always"

can you Not drag me on this ugly beige hellsite

Elise (TheBookishActress) kazzy boy ϟ wrote: "Elise wrote: "aren't you always"

can you Not drag me on this ugly beige hellsite"

why do you talk like every person with a discourse blog on tumblr

Kaja (red panda) *:・゚✧ Aaaah, can't wait for your review!!! My copy is currently waiting at the post office (was supposed to arrive together with Warcross, but why should anything ever work out as it should).

HOPE YOU LOVE THE BOOK.

prag ♻ kazzy boy ϟ wrote: "prag (is no longer on goodreads) ⚓ wrote: "that's better 💖 💖 💖 💖 [spoilers removed]"

what fucking deed"

(view spoiler)

Chaima ✨ شيماء Elise wrote: "
why do you talk like every person with a discourse blog on tumblr"

why are u so hell bent on dragging me on such a public forum

Chaima ✨ شيماء prag ✂ wrote: "kazzy boy ϟ wrote: "prag (is no longer on goodreads) ⚓ wrote: "that's better 💖 💖 💖 💖 [spoilers removed]"

what fucking deed"

[spoilers removed]"

ok i'm a fucking idiot

Chaima ✨ شيماء Kaja *:・゚✧ wrote: "Aaaah, can't wait for your review!!! My copy is currently waiting at the post office (was supposed to arrive together with Warcross, but why should anything ever work out as it should).
HOPE YOU L..."

omg sue them!! tbh, i have a such a good feeling about this book??? i hope it doesn't disappoint i don't think i'll have the moral fibre to go on if it did but thank you so much and i hope ur copy arrives soon!!!!!

prag ♻ what a boob

message 16: by Chaima ✨ شيماء (last edited Sep 22, 2017 01:52PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Chaima ✨ شيماء prag ⚓ wrote: "what a boob"

google search how to sue google

message 17: by may ❀ (new)

may ❀ i cant believe you're ditching me for a book that sounds so cheesy

message 18: by may ❀ (new)

may ❀ i hope you both hate it :*

prag ♻ i'm not ditching you honey keep the fake out of your voice

Chaima ✨ شيماء maybelline ⚓ wrote: "i cant believe you're ditching me for a book that sounds so cheesy"

this is the list of books u've read recently:

- the names they gave us
- windfall
- winter
- what to say next

they're ALL romance and yes, they're all probably most likely oh definitely CHEESY...now please, escort yourself out of this fucking thread

message 21: by may ❀ (new)

may ❀ wow soemone did their research im impressed

Chaima ✨ شيماء maybelline ⚓ wrote: "wow soemone did their research im impressed"

i guess u gotta keep ur enemies closer

Chaima ✨ شيماء prag ⚓ wrote: "i'm not ditching you honey keep the fake out of your voice"

honestly, ditch her, she has a substitute anyway

Elise (TheBookishActress) I can't believe Em pulled the receipts

message 25: by may ❀ (new)

may ❀ ha
ha
enemies you say. . . i believe the 24 hour truce lasts for 20 more hours :)))

Kaja (red panda) *:・゚✧ kazzy boy ϟ wrote: "Kaja *:・゚✧ wrote: "Aaaah, can't wait for your review!!! My copy is currently waiting at the post office (was supposed to arrive together with Warcross, but why should anything ever work out as it s..."

MY NEW ESTIMATED DELIVERY DATE FOR WARCROSS IS 1-2 MONTHS FROM NOW. why do bad things happen to good people.

I'll just stop by the post office for Autoboyography on monday or something.

Chaima ✨ شيماء Elise wrote: "I can't believe Em pulled the receipts"

gotta have them receipts on hand when you're dealing with these hooligans, trust me

prag ♻ i haven't seen elise in so long where are you i miss you are you happy and satisfied

Elise (TheBookishActress) I
WAS
ASLEEP

Chaima ✨ شيماء maybelline ⚓ wrote: "ha
ha
enemies you say. . . i believe the 24 hour truce lasts for 20 more hours :)))"

that was a 12 hours ago and therefore not real, Next

Chaima ✨ شيماء Kaja *:・゚✧ wrote: "kazzy boy ϟ wrote: "Kaja *:・゚✧ wrote: "Aaaah, can't wait for your review!!! My copy is currently waiting at the post office (was supposed to arrive together with Warcross, but why should anything e..."

ok what?? what the fuck??? where did u order it from??? and also just what the fuck in general???

message 32: by may ❀ (new)

may ❀ i could make it real again :)

Chaima ✨ شيماء Elise wrote: "I
WAS
ASLEEP"

prag ⚓ wrote: "i haven't seen elise in so long where are you i miss you are you happy and satisfied"

can you two take it elswhere this is not tinder, if it were i'd swipe left

Chaima ✨ شيماء maybelline ⚓ wrote: "i could make it real again :)"

honestly tbh in all honestly...you may fuck off now

Danielle (Life of a Literary Nerd) This was so great! So fluffy and happy.

Crystal It was sooooo good!!!

Arielle ⭐ Cursebreaker ⭐ I love these gals so it really doesn't surprise me that they hit this one out of the park!!

Chaima ✨ شيماء Danielle wrote: "This was so great! So fluffy and happy."

omg it is!!!!!!!

Chaima ✨ شيماء Crystal wrote: "It was sooooo good!!!"

AAAAAAA right!!!

Bookphenomena (Micky) Oh, this book rocked my world.

Crystal Yay glad you liked it!!

Elise (TheBookishActress) this is a beautiful review why are you um... a goddess

message 43: by Maittri (new)

Maittri This was so beautiful...

message 44: by dina (new) - added it

dina how did you manage to write awesome review honestly sjdkjkskh

Chaima ✨ شيماء Arielle ⭐ Cursebreaker ⭐ wrote: "I love these gals so it really doesn't surprise me that they hit this one out of the park!!"

i haven't even read any books by them but this one so good omg!!!

Chaima ✨ شيماء Kindling wrote: "Oh, this book rocked my world."

relatable

Chaima ✨ شيماء Crystal wrote: "Yay glad you liked it!!"

thank you so much!! honestly it was so unexpectedly great dfjjfjs i love sebastian so much

message 48: by Mel (last edited Sep 28, 2017 12:30PM) (new) - added it

Mel Anie (finals - 2months) This sounds good. I really enjoyed their previous book. Hope to read this one soon.
Great review by the way.

message 49: by Annika (new) - added it

Annika sammich

Chaima ✨ شيماء Elise wrote: "this is a beautiful review why are you um... a goddess"

i love you