Roxane's Reviews > The Wedding Date

The Wedding Date by Jasmine Guillory

What a charming, warm, sexy gem of a novel. I couldn’t put The Wedding Date down. I love a good romance and this delivered from the first page to the last. Alexa Monroe is a great heroine—smart, funny, and full of the anxieties women know intimately. And when she meets the handsome doctor Drew Nichols in an elevator, it’s the beginning of an adventure in falling in like and then lust and then love. It was also nice to read a fun novel about an interracial relationship. One of the best books I’ve read in a while. Oh. One weird thing. The characters ate CONSTANTLY. Like it’s kind of hilarious how much they eat.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wedding Date.

Started Reading
September 21, 2017 – Shelved
September 21, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)

b.andherbooks So many donuts!

Sylvia (Serial Bibliophile) They had a lot of sex, so I’m not surprised they ate so much LOL! But totally agree, one of the best books I’ve read in a while!!

Jenna It made me so hungry!

Carmensutra SO MANY TACOS AND DONUTS!

Hope Decker I could go for some cheese and crackers

Jessica Hammer On one page I counted the word 'beer' 7 times. Good thing that dude runs

Kendra I think the connection was indulgence—how it’s ok/natural to indulge in good sex & good food.

Christine Law I had the same observation!

message 10: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim Lopez Is there a lot of sex in this book?

Christine Law Yes, it is ridiculous

message 12: by Elaine (new)

Elaine Jones I found a lot of useful information in this book and it helped my blog, https://weddingforward.com, to become even better and more useful for brides.

Stephanie (Librarianish) Davidson a female character in a book who eats food and doesn't apologize for it! and has sex and likes it and doesn't apologize for it! love it all.

Sarah It didn't bother you that the dude woke her up by starting to have sex with her?

TrixieB Read this because of you. LOVED IT. Thank you. 💜

Carrie Padian I picked it up on the strength of your review and I’m so glad I did! This book delivered such a comfortable blend of warmth, suspense, believable emotional responses and good sex that I would want from any good romance. I feel like I somehow understand every terrible relationship I had in my twenties now. Or at least how they should have gone in a perfect world 😍

Rachel I'm half way through and really was wondering how much time they actually have in the day for all their bedroom fun and eating! I'm a total fan of food and enjoying, but in my mind I thought 'I hope you two don't eat like this everyday! It sounds like heaven, but you are going to die prematurely of clogged arteries if you keep it up!'. Loving the book so far though, definitely agree with you about the interracial relationship too - very fun to see in a smart romance novel!

Denise So true! I totally noticed how much they ate. The amount of doughnuts, pizza, fries, etc. was ridiculous!