Kris's Reviews > Eye Candy

liked it
bookshelves: wrrt, 2017

I received a copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads
The Fallen Crest Nightmare short story

I've been a junkie for the Fallen Crest High characters since book one. I love Mason & Logan, they're loyal, loving and downright jerks when they have to be. Everything you want to love in a male lead character they have in spades. I've lost some interest in Samantha though in the past few books. She's become very secure in herself and that's great, but almost too much? She's lost any redeeming qualities that made her likable, in my opinion. I'm finding her cold and too aloof. In any case;
Mason is off playing football in the NFL. Sam, Logan and sidekicks are celebrating their last year of college at Cain U. with a huge halloween party. The girls decide to enjoy a girls night out on Halloween Eve (we call it Devils night in Michigan) and Sam gets extremely drunk...or maybe she's been drugged? There's a strange cloaked and masked, evil, entity following the entourage. All types of horrible things happen to Sam and her friends and who knows what's going on. I found the story very spacey and odd. Very choppy, never really flowing. If this was done intentionally it was brilliant as it certainly kept me off key and off kilter and slightly freaked out. I had to skip ahead to find out what in THE heck was going on! Perfect for a short Halloween tale but not my cup of tea! i'm a wuss.

Unsafe Haven Story By Bella Jewel
3 stars
I received a copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads

Jade comes from an abusive relationship and seeks safe haven at the community center where she's helping prepare for a halloween party. Oliver is a big bury, sorta brooding handyman at the center and Jade has had her eye on him for a bit now. Being very shy & quiet she cant find the moment to talk to Oliver. Somehow they end up locked in a closet together. Scary stuff is going on in the center outside the closet doors but Oliver makes Jade feel safe & secure and the two get down to a bit of "10 seconds of heaven" with a little make out moment. There's some scary stuff going on around the couple but they find themselves safe in their "unsafe haven". It was sweet with a little scary but nothing that would keep me up at night. Quick easy read.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eye Candy.

Started Reading