Kindle Crack Book Reviews Cheri 's Reviews > On the Way to You

On the Way to You by Kandi Steiner

4.5
Oh Kandi you made me cry! This road trip romance was heartbreakingly beautiful. Full review to follow.

Cooper is haunted by her past, but sees the light at the end of the tunnel.

Emery is haunted by his past and present, and doesn’t see a bright future for himself.

On a whim, Cooper accepts a beautiful stranger's invitation to travel across the country. Emery has a bucket list of places he wants to see along the way. They slowly get to know each other in the weeks' long car trip.

“So, I did what I do best. I shut her out, shut the world out, and had what was possibly the worst day of my life sitting beside her in the car. I knew she wanted to know what I was thinking, and I also knew I’d never tell her. She’s the sun and I’m a black hole. I want to swallow her up and lose myself in her, but if I do, I’ll destroy her.”

Some romance stories feel like an emotional rollercoaster ride with a lot of fast-paced, ups and downs.  On the Way to You, took me on a different, yet equally enthralling emotional ride.  I was on a bi-polar ferris wheel, where the highs and lows would go around and around, and it was anyone's guess where it stop.  Emery’s unpredictable ups and downs would start and stop like the popular carnival amusement ride.  On some days the ride was fun, and other days it was long and unpredictable. Depression has no timeline, but Emery and Cooper's trip did.

On the Way to You was a heartbreakingly beautiful story. Depression isn't easy to write or read about, and many people will recognize the emotions of these characters in their own family and friends who also suffer from depression.

I was absorbed with everything about this book from the rich scenery to the depth of emotion, which was very real and raw.  This road trip romance of self-discovery pulled on my heartstrings and didn’t let go.  Buckle up and get ready to go On The Way to the bookstore to one-click this new book from Kandi Steiner.

This review appears on www.kindlecrack.net, www.facebook.com/kindlecrack, Goodreads, Amazon, Pinterest, Google+ and Twitter. A review copy of this book was kindly provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read On the Way to You.

September 21, 2017 – Shelved