Tracy's Reviews > My Ántonia

My Ántonia by Willa Cather

207835

2 likes ·

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Ántonia.

Quotes Tracy Liked

Willa Cather
“I was something that lay under the sun and felt it, like the pumpkins, and I did not want to be anything more. I was entirely happy. Perhaps we feel like that when we die and become a part of something entire, whether it is sun and air, or goodness and knowledge. At any rate, that is happiness; to be dissolved into something complete and great. When it comes to one, it comes as naturally as sleep.”
Willa Cather, My Ántonia

September 20, 2017 – Started Reading
September 20, 2017 – Shelved
September 20, 2017 –
page 13
4.48% "Between that earth and that sky I felt erased, blotted out. I did not say my prayers that night: here, I felt, what would be would be."
September 22, 2017 –
page 44
15.17% "Misfortune seemed to settle like an evil bird on the roof of the log house, and to flap its wings there, warning human beings away."
September 22, 2017 –
page 69
23.79% "Our [Christmas] tree became the talking tree of the fairy tale; legends and stories nestled like birds in its branches. Grandmother said it reminded her of the Tree of Knowledge. We put sheets of cotton wool under it for a snow-field, and Jake's pocket-mirror for a frozen lake."
September 25, 2017 –
page 134
September 27, 2017 –
page 164
56.55% "Wick Cutter was different from any other rascal I have ever known, but I have found Mrs. Cutters all over the world; sometimes founding new religions, sometimes being forcibly fed--easily recognizable, even when superficially tamed."
September 30, 2017 – Finished Reading